These “all in one bowl” cookies, are quick and easy to assemble, and can be made in less than 30 minutes from start to finish. The combination of buttery coffee flavored dough, with both dark and white chocolate chips, is just perfect when served with coffee or with strong tea. The cookies are chewy and soft, and burst with flavors, and are a great snack any time of the day. Try them and enjoy.
* Espresso powder is an intense, highly concentrated granulated coffee. If you can’t find it, double the amount with regular granulated coffee.
* The cookies can keep, in an airtight container, for up to a week. They can also be frozen for up to a month.
Makes: about 25
Prep time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 13 minutes
1 stick (8 oz, 115 grams) butter, soft
½ cup dark brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 L egg
1 Tbs instant espresso powder (see notes) mixed with 1 Tbs boiling water
½ tsp vanilla paste
1½ cups flour
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 Tbs whole milk
½ cup mini dark chocolate chips
½ cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350F (175C). Line two cookie baking sheets with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, dark and white sugar and egg. Add the espresso mix and vanilla and mix again.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, salt and milk and mix. Add the dark and white chocolate chips and mix again.
4. Using a small ice cream scoop, form 25 balls and place them on the baking sheets, leaving space for the cookies to spread. Bake for 13 minutes and transfer to a rack, to cool to room temperature, before serving.