Scrambled eggs are too often far from appetizing – either too runny or overly cooked and dry. However, when cooked properly, this simple yet sophisticated dish is so tasty, that it is a shame not to try and make it the right way.
As you can see from the following photos, only a few simple steps, and some patience, are required in order to prepare this dish.
The additions here can be substituted with any other ingredients you have in mind. You can replace the asparagus with steamed fresh broccoli, the smoked salmon with ham or prosciutto, the goat cheese with Brie – you get the idea…
* Check under TIPS for instructions about how to cook the Asparagus.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5-6 minutes
Ingredients: (it is important that all will be at room temperature)
2 Tbs milk
½ tsp salt
1 Tbs Butter
¼ cup smoked salmon, cut in medium size pieces
2 cooked fresh Asparagus, cut into 1/2’’ (1cm) pieces
1 oz (30 gr.) fresh goat cheese, crumbled
Freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp lemon zest
½ tsp fresh lemon juice
1. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk and salt.
2. In a medium size non-stick pan, melt the butter on medium-high heat. Lower the heat to medium-low and pour the eggs into the pan.
3. Using a heat resistant spatula, move the eggs, gently, from all sides of the pan towards the center.
4. When the eggs are halfway cooked, add the smoked salmon, asparagus and goat cheese. Mix gently and cook for about a minute, so that the additions are warmed up and the eggs are cooked, but still moist and fluffy.