The following “all in one bowl” cookies will delight anyone who enjoys sweet and salty flavor combinations. The tasty and fragrant chocolate cookie dough is enhanced with crunchy salted roasted peanuts and dark chocolate chips, and the result is the following irresistible cookies. Try them and enjoy.
* If the salty flavor is too much for you, simply substitute the salted peanuts with unsalted ones.
* Buttermilk powder adds a subtle tanginess to the cookies. It can be found in the baking section of most supermarkets, or online. If you can’t find it, substitute with 1 Tbs yogurt.
* Espresso powder is an intense, highly concentrated granulated coffee. If you can’t find it, double the amount with regular granulated coffee.
* The cookies can keep, in an airtight container, for up to a week. They can also be frozen for up to a month.
Makes: 24-26 cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 11-13 minutes
1 stick (115 grams) butter, soft
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla paste
Dash cayenne (optional)
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 L egg
1 Tbs buttermilk powder (see notes)
2 Tbs dark cocoa powder
1 Tbs espresso powder (see notes) mixed with 1 Tbs boiling water
1¼ cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1.75 oz (50 grams) salted roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 360F (180C). Line two cookie sheet pans with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix the butter, sugar, vanilla, cayenne and cinnamon, and whisk briefly. Add the egg and whisk to a smooth mixture. Add the buttermilk powder, cocoa powder, and the espresso mix, and whisk again.
3. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix briefly to a smooth batter. Add the chocolate chips and peanuts, and mix briefly. Using a small ice cream scoop, form 24-26 balls from the dough. Place in the pans, leaving room to expand.
4. Bake for 11 minutes for chewy cookies, or 13 minutes for firmer ones. Transfer to a rack, to cool.